Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned...

Hello beautiful people, beautiful world :).

I hope that as you are reading this, you are well. I hope you found something that made you laugh today, or at least smile (even if it's one of those half-grin ones). I have recently discovered a website called grooveshark (www.grooveshark.com), which has proven to be a great source of musical kicks and giggles. It's like Pandora radio, but you actually get to choose your own playlists. That being said, the current music of choice is the Robbie Seay Band (thank you, Katie!). I highly suggest it.

I hope your break has been restful and productive...or something of that nature. I know I definitely needed a rest. And even though a lot has happened over this break for me so far, I still feel like I've been able to stop and take a breath. I've been through some pretty intense things over the past weeks though. Indy Christmas Conference was like a blast of cool air. I learned a great deal, I was in the presence of approx. 2,000 other believers, God convicted me to act on some things that I was wrestling with in my heart, and to top it off-- I had an absolute blast. I'm just gonna highlight some of the best things:

1. Rooming with Ellie, Beth and Kaleigh for the week. SO good!
2. Our started and failed quote book for the week
3. Chris Helgeson showing up to pick the boys up in his huge van...and introducing himself with an accordion in hand
4. Rooming right across the hall from Dave, Drew, and two of their other friends from Miami :)
4. Josh Coy as the emcee
5. Exploring Indy with Erica on the first night. Just two curious little girls.
6. Everyone being there to learn and bond in fellowship. I was inspired by all the seeking hearts.
7. The home that I found in our Bowling Green group
8. The "Discerning God's Will" seminar
9. Seeing my worlds collide! Best example: seeing Ben Andrews and Katie Barnett work together to start the outreach day. I couldn't stop smiling whenever I saw them together. They are both from such different parts of my life, and I loved watching them interact.
10. Humbling myself under God to hear His voice
11. Meeting AJ, Beth's man!
12. The worship / prayer session to bring in the new year. Wow. What a powerful experience.
13. Very unlike previous parts of my life, actually wanting to go out and meet new people.
14. Black Eyed Peas- "I Gotta Feelin'"
15. Sitting with Ellie on the beds going back and forth coming up with "C" things in preparation for the C themed party that night...and just being absolutely absurd about it.
16. The support that I felt from my good friends
17. Feeling God wrapping His arms around me
18. The outreach day in general, and meeting a great friend named Zach Brittenham!
19. Walking in to 21+ bars unknowingly TWICE, and being refused service. Haha.
20. Drew Kelley's costume for the C party-- a cardigan
21. James McDonald, and how he made a blood vessel in my eye pop! Lol who does that?!
22. Seeing fellow BG'ers jammin' out with their banjos and guitars, and one of the hotel workers coming to join them
23. Talking to Alyssa Schlegal until 3 a.m. one night-- and learning the same night that it is (apparently) possible to break a finger by poking it into someone's fat
24. The great moments where you just breathe in a huge breath of peace and satisfaction
25. Little moments where I got to connect with Sandy Rieske and Amy Sieffert


So there's just a little taste for ya. I loved conference, and I hope I get the chance to go back next year :).

As for the here and now, my mom's having surgery tomorrow to get her thyroid taken out. Prayers would be fantastic. Apart from that, I have really been praying and thinking about summer project (www.gosummerproject.com). I'll keep y'all updated as things come along. I haven't sent in my application yet, though.

I'm thinkin a little road trip will be happening later this week. A kind of last hoorah for break.

Pictures of conference will be up soon!

_SEA

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're liking robbie seay band :)
    And YESSS summer project. I think you'd love it! (you know I'd love for you to consider chi-town!)
    Also, I hope to see you sooooon!

    ReplyDelete