Saturday, February 5, 2011

"I Prayed For More"

This blog is inspired by my good friend, Nate Weisel. He's a brother I met on summer project this summer in Virginia Beach. He talks about asking for more from God. More responsibility. More empowerment. This is what he says God said to him in response:

"I want to give you more! BUT do you really want more? Are you ready for what more looks like? Have you been faithful with what I have given you already? Are you just asking for more because you know you should?"

I struggle with this sometimes, and especially recently. How many times do we ask for more from God with an expectation to recieve it because we have "proven ourselves"? How many times do we walk in our own pathetic power and superficial wisdom to try and impress other people? Why do we rely so much on our own abilities to plan the future- when it almost always never goes like we planned? It's almost humorous.

Sometimes I don't understand why He doesn't give me bigger and better things to work on and lead. But then I realize that I haven't invested myself fully in the small, but great things that He has already given me. It's such a humbling thing, you guys. I have cried about it. I have screamed out in anger at Him (most definitely, and even recently) because of my lack of understanding. But it is in those moments that I truly grow closer to Him. And I learn an abundance about His love and grace.

Be encouraged, my fellow seafaring souls. Sometimes the adventure is closer than you think. It's in the wind that you run past as you're trying to make it to the next crazy thing. All you have to do is stop-- even for a second-- and just feel it whip past your face.

"...let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."
-Hebrews 10:22-23

Blessings.


_sea




P.S. Here's somethin' great... I wanted to share this picture of my mentors / friends / 2nd parents. This is Pam and Tim Bickel. They love each other, a lot. You can see it in this picture. And I have seen it in real life. It's just refreshing and lovely to see. And I'm inspired by it :).







1 comment:

  1. This post... thanks! I want to talk to you about it in human in the next few days! : )

    ReplyDelete